Access Top Quality Argumentative Essays on Banning Tobacco Smoking
Despite the various efforts by different government institutions and organizations to discourage tobacco use, it remains one of the common habits by a majority of individuals especially the youth. The relevant authorities try to stop tobacco smoking by increasing the tax amounts on cigarettes so that smokers find it expensive.
However, this tactic has not been successful yet. Still, many smokers are willing to pay an extra penny to get a little puff for their satisfaction. Perhaps, the best way to stop the habit is making smoking tobacco illegal.
However, as the law stands, there is a lot to be done to discourage the habit. It would be entirely impossible to fight cigarette smoking as long as it remains legal within our laws. To be realistic, we cannot dread the effects of smoking tobacco if we still allow for its processing and advertisement in the media.
From the advertisements, business people portray smoking as something cool that everyone should embrace. There is little emphasis on the warning message that should accompany the adverts, and in some cases, there is no warning message at all.
It is false pretense since there is no way we can legalize smoking and at the same time we discourage people to stop smoking. Honestly speaking, smoking adverts will always outdo smoking cigarettes essay papers. So long as we stop making smoking look cool for the young, essays will do so much in convincing people to quit the habit.
The Purpose of a compelling argumentative essay on smoking
The internet has been a driving force for many things in the world. Clearly, it has not been left behind when it comes to advocacy. Thus, it has become another platform for activism against tobacco smoking, and there has not been a better way of doing so than through a persuasive argumentative essay on banning tobacco.
You find a lot of emotional and compelling smoking argumentative essay papers on the web. Many people write about this topic aiming to discourage people who smoke. In this way they bring effects of smoking essay into action. Perhaps this is the best way to drive some sense into ardent smokers for them to stop this dangerous habit. Only time will tell. Smoking tobacco has numerous health hazards, which many users do not know.
A comprehensive essay on tobacco smoking highlights all the health effects of indulging in the habit. These essays focus on major risks associated with smoking including respiratory diseases, risks of developing lung cancer, heart diseases among other social problems.
Some people follow pieces of advice offered by a compelling smoking effects essay, but some do not. Maybe, in-person sensitization is needed to convince more smokers to quit the habit. Or perhaps, we should change our tone when writing about negative effects essay for smoking.
Credible sources for a good argumentative smoking essay
To discourage tobacco-smoking habit, various talk shows and seminars are organized. Smoking essay is another tool to tell people about the negative effects of the habit.
Still need ideas on creating an argumentative essay on banning tobacco? Feel free to check samples of such essays or watch talk shows.
Talk shows have gone as far as to bring guest speakers who are reformed smokers to give a smoking speech or their account on the adverse effects of smoking. Many people attend such talk shows, but at the end of it all, the talks have little impact on people. This is a proof that smoking is an addictive habit, and it is not easy to stop.
The biggest role to play is on the part of the legislation. Strict laws should be in place to counter this habit. Heavy penalties should be imposed on those who are found smoking especially in social places.
If possible, there should be a total ban on using tobacco. Statistics and research show that smoking is responsible for causing several deaths all over the world. One main reason which makes the total prohibition impossible is that the use of tobacco generates a lot of revenues to many countries. Therefore, a ban will make the countries lose a lot of money.
Smoking has become a major problem, especially, in those areas that as densely populated. Some people are addicted to smoking, and they cannot be isolated from non-smokers. The problem is the conflict that arises between smokers enjoying their cigarettes in areas where non-smokers live.
In order to prepare an argumentative essay on smoking in public places, the writer must consider several factors:
- One of these factors is the laws and regulations that govern any country. The writer needs to read extensively relevant materials that explain what the law of the land is regarding smoking. Some countries allow smokers and nonsmokers to mix without any problem, regardless of whether one is smoking in congested areas or not. In such countries, smokers are expected make ethical decisions and think about the effect of their smoke on the people who do not smoke.
- Another point the argumentative essay should explain is whether there is any law that forbids smokers from using cigarettes in public. In such countries, the law explains where smoking zones are located, if any, and the punishment that smokers should face if they break the law by smoking in non-smoking zones.
- In any argumentative essay, the writer should be able to show the contradicting views of people. For instance, in the argumentative essay on smoking in public places, the writer should explain what the consequences are for not setting up smoking zones. The reason is that some people may argue that smoking in public places has no negative effects that warrant its ban, while others may argue out that smoking in public places is so bad and dangerous that governments should ban it completely in towns.
- The writer should not present just the legislation, or desired future legislation. This does not get to the root of the argument, it rather illustrates that there is an argument. What are needed are the clear roots of the argument to be exposed and debated. These roots are primarily based in health concerns. The claims that second hand smoke leads to serious health problems must be the strong focus. Voices for and against this position must be clearly presented. In addition, you must back legal arguments using the legal framework in existence in good detail. Generalizations of the laws and their background will not be strong enough. The essay should not consider only one side of the debate, as this is a major clash between millions of people and governments worldwide. It is emotive, and controversial.
- One can also add the major economic consequences of smoking and not smoking. Governments raise enormous amounts of tax on cigarette sales, hundreds of thousands of people work in the cigarette industry directly and millions indirectly. This versus the cost to the economy of smoking related diseases will add an interesting dimension to the argument.
Following such steps will help you write a powerful and successful essay. If you still need assistance – you can get a custom argumentative essay at CustomWritings.com.
5.00 avg. rating (91% score) - 1 vote
Tags: argumentative essays, Smoking in Public Places essay