Tourism Management Dissertation Topics
Tourism management is the discipline that deals with the generalised management along with entrepreneurial, specialised and practical skills and competencies required for effective and efficient outcomes for recreation and leisure travel. Tourism is the fastest growing industry globally that has direct and indirect implications on economic, social and political indicators. In order to maximise the advantages and minimise the disadvantages from tourism development, the discipline has also included the perspectives of social sustainability and policy makers. Traditionally, the countries that have natural comparative advantage were seen as the focal point of the tourism industry, however the economic relationship of the industry has led the countries lacking such comparative advantage to use their history, heritage, culture, festivals and mega-events to promote and develop tourism. Topic suggestions below could help you narrow your research for your tourism dissertation.
• What are the key antecedents shaping domestic and overseas tourism preferences of British tourists?
• Development of decision making framework of British tourists in selecting tourist destinations during the summer holidays.
• Perception and attitude of millennials toward cruise holidays.
• Explicit or implicit factors affecting European city break package tours among British customers.
• Critical analysis of “I Amsterdam” city branding campaign to improve the negative image of Amsterdam.
• Perception and attitude towards Bangkok as a winter holiday destination among British tourists.
• Role of global terrorism in shaping the image of tourism destinations – Case study of Egypt and Tunisia.
• The implications of the Tsunami on the tourism industry in Phuket, Thailand.
• Role of strategic human resource management in developing sustainable competitive advantage in contemporary budget hotel chains.
• What makes South East Asia an attractive tourist destination during winter for British customers?
• The Role of London Olympics in enhancing the scope of tourism to the city.
• Perception and attitude toward Beijing’s world heritage tour among British tourists.
• Use of sporting events to develop tourism branding – Analysis of Qatar with regards to the FIFA World Cup.
• What are the disadvantages of tourism development and how can policy makers minimise them?
Critical evaluation of summer festivals in the UK as a source of domestic tourism development.
Choosing Winning Dissertation Topics About Dark Tourism: Tips And Examples
Over the years, tourism has remained one the largest income earners many countries from around the world depend on to grown their gross domestic product and also finance development as well as recurrent expenditures. However, with the passage of time and especially in this age of information and technology, the dark side of tourism has become so monstrous that it has tainted the image of different countries that once solely depended on income from it; thanks to dark tourism which has raided the once peaceful atmospheres and serene environments on these nations. As a result, tourism has become a subject of concern as particular to researchers in higher learning institutions and in governments. Across the World Wide Web, you should never be shocked to come across some of the most heart wrenching studies which have unearthed the dark side of leisure travel and hence casting a valley of darkness unto it. If you are a student doing a thesis paper in this subject, coming up with a subject would be quite a big challenge, not because you can’t think of what to write but because there is so much going on in this area that you might just land an irrelevant topic. Well, while this article delves into tips that would help you find a great topic to start you off, it also highlights some topical examples for your consideration, so take a look.
Defining of dark tourism
From the onset, the term dark tourism can prove quite elusive with regard to its rightful meaning and on this premise; you can formulate an area for study which would generally seek to give insightful information into this subject while laying a special emphasis on what it entails. Someone who is yet to venture into this study for the first time, would agreeably find your paper very outstanding and of interest.
Brainstorm on current issue
Fundamentally, dark tourism revolves around exploitative nature of leisure travel where tourists engage with commercial sex workers in different parts of the work and especially children who seek to earn a living. In this regard, this can be a great topical area in which case, something that seeks to investigate the impact of child sex tourism would be a good paper.
Review of existing studies
This is another site from where you can review existing studies into dark tourism and perhaps come up with a topic that addresses gaps in existing studies.